This broccoli and cheese soup is so creamy and delicious and only takes 20 minutes to make! #winningatlife
Broccoli and cheese soup…
How I love thee. ;). Especially this 20 minute broccoli and cheese soup. It’s super creamy and loaded with cheese and broccoli flavors. Surefire hit to make all those broccoli and cheese soup loving’ tastebuds roar.
This soup is a hit with kids of all ages too! All three kids here loved it and two of the neighborhood kids had seconds, so I’d call that a #winwin for a parenting food win! ;)
The greatest thing about this soup is how deliciously creamy it is. Every. Single. Bite. The broccoli and carrots are so tender they melt in your mouth- add that in to the creaminess of this soup and you’ll never make another broccoli and cheese soup in yo life.
Ingredients Used For This Bomb 20 Minute Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Veggies: broccoli, onion, garlic cloves, celery, matchstick carrots
- Whipping cream
- Chicken broth
- Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Spices: nutmeg, salt, ground mustard
So, grab the ingredients to make this 20 minute broccoli and cheese soup. You won’t regret it.
It’s comfy. ;)
GET NEW RECIPES SENT TO YOUR INBOX, YO!
20 Minute Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Yield 4-6 servings
This broccoli and cheese soup is so creamy and delicious and only takes 20 minutes to make!
- One large head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 large white (or yellow) onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chicken (or veggie) broth
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese *
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Melt butter over med-high heat in dutch oven or large saucepan. Add garlic, celery, and onion. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until onions are soft and translucent. Turn down to medium. Whisk in flour and sauté for 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly so flour doesn't burn.
- Whisk in chicken broth until combined. Add milk, heavy cream, nutmeg, salt, and ground mustard. Stir until combined.
- Add broccoli and carrots and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Let simmer for 10-12 minutes until broccoli is cooked through and soft. Remove from heat.
- Stir in freshly grated cheese by the handfuls until thoroughly combined. Serve with extra cheese on top, of desired.
* 2 cups freshly grated cheese is one 8oz block. Do not use already shredded cheese. It does melt smoothly.