I can’t stop. Seriously I can’t.
I just finished up my 5th bowl/plate of this arugula spinach salad with lemon, olive oil, and parmesan… in 3 days. Like I said- I can’t stop craving it. Eating it. And telling my friends all about it.
And now it’s my turn to tell y’all about it. I am kind of hesitant though because I really feel like once you, and your peeps, and then their peeps (and so on and so on) try this salad that all the arugula and spinach in the world will be used up… JUST FOR THIS SALAD, and that would make me sad. Very sad folks.
Here’s What’s Goin’ Down in this Arugula Spinach Salad with Lemon, Olive oil, and Parmesan:
- Baby spinach
- Olive oil
- Freshly shaved parmesan (like right of the block or triangle)
- Fresh cracked pepper
So simple. So easy. So fast to put together. LIFE CHANGING. Yes- a salad is life changing- at least this one is. Oh and can I just say that THE KIDS LOVE IT! Every kid in our house (ages 3,5, and 11) had seconds. Not.even.lying.
This salad just sings inside of my heart. And it’s the perfect melody of sweet, crunchy, peppery, lemony, cheesy bunch-of-goodness all up in/on one bowl/plate. The spinach adds a sweet kick to mellow out the peppery-like bite that arugula can have and it’s just…
PERFECT. It’s the only way to describe this salad. And really, let’s be honest with each other- what’s NOT perfect about all the dramatic tastes coming together right in front of your face? Or shall I say- IN YO MOUTH!
And that ain’t the best part, y’all…
This salad literally takes about 4 minutes to throw together. 3 if you operate with no children at your feet. And 5, maybe 6 if your little children are right under your feet.
Side Question: // Do you ever sometimes literally just step on your children because they are literally right UNDER YOUR FEET?! Surely I cannot be the only one. Please PLEASE tell I’m not. ;). //
All you do ladies and gents is add the arugula and spinach to a bowl, mix lemon juice/olive oil together in a small bowl, pour the lemon juice/olive oil all over the salad. Toss to combine. Add shaved parmesan and cracked pepper and BAM- you got yourself the best salad you ever did eat.
There are so many ways you can serve this arugula spinach salad too. Out of the 5 that I’ve had in the last 3 days I’ve served it to myself in at least 4.
Ways to Serve Arugula Spinach Salad with Lemon, Olive Oil, and Parmesan:
- As a starter– like on a small plate or in a small bowl before a meal.
- Lunch or Dinner- Add meat right on top. Vegetarian? Add beans or tofu. Or heck- just eat it as is.
- As a snack– need a pick me up in the middle of the day? Nothing better than this, baby!
- Breakfast– this salad would be AMAZE next to eggs your favorite way.
Secret: // I was in a hurry for lunch, and it was the bottom of the arugula container (super sad at lunch today), so I added some spinach to the arugula container (like the plastic one), some baked sriracha chicken breast, and the lemon, olive oil, parmesan, and black pepper and I had myself a lunch. Out of a plastic container. At least I used a real fork. Sometimes that’s just considered #winningatlife. Amiright? //
And now that the recipe is all out there, like in the big ‘ol wide world (and sometimes how I eat this salad out of the plastic container), I’m heading to buy as much arugula and spinach as I can because…
The ultimate arugula and spinach shortage begins in 3, 2, 1…
- 5 generous handfuls arugula
- 3 generous handfuls baby spinach
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 large lemon
- Shaved parmesan
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- [b]DRESSING[/b]: combine lemon juice and olive oil in small bowl, whisk, and set aside.
- [b]SALAD:[/b] In a large bowl combine arugula and spinach.
- [b]PUT IT TOGETHER[/b]: Add dressing to large bowl of salad. Toss gently to combine, making sure all arugula and spinach is covered in dressing. Add shaved parmesan and cracked black pepper (if using) to top of salad. SERVE IMMEDIATELY.
Show me how you chef like-a-boss. Snap a pic and hashtag it #sodamndelish when you make this. I’d ❤️ to see how you made it!