These are THE best grilled chicken breast you will ever have in your life. The super easy marinade keeps the chicken so incredibly juicy that these will become the next grilled chicken breast legend.
Y’all… I. CAN’T. EVEN.
If you never thought that a grilled chicken breast could be a legend, then you were wrong, my friend. Wrong.
Summer always brings me to my happy place. Warm weather, flip flops, and grillin’. Eh- who the heck am I kidding? I live in Florida. It’s pretty much summer here 11 months out of the year, but the real summer is sometimes D-R-E-A-D-F-U-L. It’s soooooo hot.
But, no matter whether it’s a million degrees or below 32 degrees outside you can always have this
amazing legendary grilled chicken breast.
How, one may ask? Well, it was most definitely raining when I wanted to grill these on our gas grill, so I opted for my cast iron grill pan (on the stovetop) instead, and O-to the-M-G.
Steps to Making the best Dang Grilled Chicken Breast:
- Marinate– I would HIGHLY suggest you marinate these overnight or for up to 2 days. Seriously. Out. of. this. world. Period.
- Grill– you can use a charcoal grill, gas grill, or the amazing cast iron grill pan that we used for these.
The marinated chicken after marinating for 2 days ↓. Word.
Cast iron grill pan, baby. ↓
For smaller meals (like grilling chicken breast) this is THE way to go. I wouldn’t even try to grill my shish kabobs on this bad boy because there are just too many, but just grilling chicken breasts on this, my kitchen rockstars, totally just rocks.
I sliced them up for photographic purposes because they just look so dang purdy, huh? Having guests? Slice ’em up, throw some freshly chopped parsley on top and become the kitchen gangsta of your inner circle.
And seriously, do you see the inside of this grilled chicken breast? ↓ Not one dry shred of meat in there. It’s so juicy you will need some napkins for this chicken.
Note: If you don’t own an outside grill or need a backup in case the weather isn’t right I highly suggest the pan below:
- 2.5lbs (4-6 large chicken breasts)
- For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (we used white balsamic)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 small (or 2 large) garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Large handful parsley, chopped (roughly 4 “loose/heaping” Tablespoons
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag add soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, Worcestershire, dijon mustard, dried thyme, chopped garlic, lime juice, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Seal bag tightly and shake. Open bag and add chicken. Seal tightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but preferably 1-2 days, flipping bag over 1-2 times a day.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. When hot, grab a chicken breast (one at a time) from the bag with tongs and shake off excess marinade into bag. Add to grill.
- Grill chicken, flipping once, for 5-8 minutes on each side*, or until chicken is cooked through, being careful not to overcook. Remove from grill (or grill pan).
- Let rest 5 minutes then serve immediately.
>> STOP! (collaborate & listen)- Ha! Really, I just want to see how you are a kitchen rockstar with this recipe, so when you make it, tag @sodamndelish on Instagram, so I can see. Word to ya mother. <<
Another Reader Fav Chicken Recipe!