This one pan smoked sausage with potatoes and veggies is an easy, comforting, and healthy meal for a fast weeknight dinner.
Y’all, I don’t even know where to start.
Dinner cannot get much simpler than this and e’ry one in the house will eat this up.
Steps to make this finger-lickin’-good one pan smoked sausage with potatoes & veggies:
- Grab some veggies (any kind will work), potatoes, and sausage, and cut those bad boys up.
- Slap them on a pan with seasonings, balsamic vinegar (trust me on this) and olive oil, and roast them.
Done and done!
Tasty Ingredients kitchen hustlers use to make this one pan sausage with potatoes and veggies:
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 3-4 Med-Large Red Potatoes
- 2 packages of Smoked Sausage
- Seasonings, Balsamic Vinegar (believe me!) & Olive Oil
The flavor that comes out of this easy one pan meal is nothing sort of epic. I promise you, my friends. You have the meatiness of the sausage, crisp-yet-tender veggies, soft potatoes, and flavors through the roof. It hits every single bud on your tastebuds. Not.Even.Lying. It’s just an added bonus that it looks so pretty on the pan. Don’t you agree?
I knew ya did. ;). Let me tell y’all how this went down in my house:
Mom (that’s me!) made this soooo-good recipe, all 5 family members sit down to eat (mom’s always last), as mom sits down the kids are ALREADY asking for seconds (all-time fastest time eating award goes to the kids and this one pan meal), mom finishes and goes to get more, but low and behold those rockstar kids were trying to get a third helping! Say what?!
To get the same all-time fastest time eating award up in your house then just make this one pan sausage with veggies, and potatoes.
Boom. It’s that easy.
Now here’s to making one of the easiest and tastiest one pan meals you will ever make and eat! Booya.
One Pan Smoked Sausage with Potatoes and Veggies
Yield 6 Servings
This one pan smoked sausage with potatoes and veggies is an easy, comforting, and healthy meal for a super fast weeknight dinner.
- 2 packages of smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces*
- 1 orange pepper, seeds removed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Yellow Squash, quartered and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced into 1.5 inch pieces
- 3-4 med-large red potatoes, quartered and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, (we used white balsamic)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, (kosher or sea salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (optional)
- ground pepper, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all veggies, onion, potatoes, and smoked sausage onto a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, cayenne and ground pepper (if using). Pour over sausage, veggies, and potatoes.*** Toss to combine.
- Roast for 25 minutes on middle oven rack.**** Remove from oven. Gently flip food over with spatula to evenly brown all sides. Return to oven and finish roasting for 10-20 minutes, until sausages and veggies are golden brown and roasted.
*you can use any type of smoked sausage (kielbalsa, smoked sausage, beef, turkey, etc- you can even combine 2 different kinds)
**you may need two pans depending on the size of your baking sheets. We used two 1/2 sheet bakers sheets (but we could've easily used one)
***if using two baking sheets/pans pour 1/2 of the oil/vinegar/spices mixture from bowl on one pan and the remaining on the second pan
****if roasting two sheets at one time place one sheet on middle rack and one sheet underneath it. After flipping the food with spatula (after roasting for 25 min) switch the pans so that the one that was under the middle rack will now be on the middle, and vice versa
recipe cooked-up via: jen sharpin @ sodamndelish.com