This red wine braised beef roast is an easy one-pot meal that is downright comfort food. One pot + beef roast + carrots + onions + garlic = food for the soul.
Lemme just tell you a little ‘ol tale…
Once upon a time there was a mom who was tired of washing 4,762 dishes every single night. She thought it was time for a dish break so opted for something that was made in one pot.
Why? Because Hello! One dish to clean, or technically, no pot to clean that night because she stored the leftovers in it in the fridge. It was a win-win because she made this one pot red wine braised beef roast with carrots, onions, and garlic.
In case you didn’t notice the person in the little tale was me. ;) Can I get an amen about those dang dishes?
A-M-E-N sister! It’s like they are ALWAYS there no matter how many times you do them.
And in summer…well the kids are home from school so there are even more dishes. I feel like I wash 97 cups a day between our kiddos and all the neighborhood kids. Tell me I’m not the only one that feels like this?!?!?
You too? Whew! (wipes sweat off brow)…
Top 3 reasons you need this one pot red wine braised beef roast with carrots, garlic, and onions in YO life my friend!
- It uses only ONE pot. One. Ain’t nobody gonna complain about that, amiright?!?
- It’s super delicious. You’ve got braised beef roast, carrots, onions, garlic, and seasonings braised in some good ‘ol beef broth and red wine (don’t want to use wine just sub extra beef broth). This is the comfort food that your soul craves.
- You can store the leftovers in the same pot in the fridge- so possibly hardly any cleanup for tonight’s meal. Whoo hoo! Can I get a shout-out to minimal cleanup?
What we use to make this bangin’ one pot red wine braised beef roast.
*affiliate links below
Lodge Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven in Oyster White – Y’all this dutch oven is so budget friendly and you can use it for all your one pot meals. #winning! They have a variety of colors (each color has it’s own price). We chose oyster white because it’s pretty and it was the cheapest! ;) Get it here >> http://amzn.to/2tn16Jk
GET NEW RECIPES SENT TO YOUR INBOX, YO!
One Pot Red Wine Braised Beef Roast with Carrots, Onions, and Garlic
Yield 4-8 Servings
This red wine braised beef roast is an easy one-pot meal that is downright comfort food.
- 2-3 lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 cup flour, for dredging
- 1 16oz bag baby carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin
- 3-4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine (shiraz or cabernet) *
- 2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Roast
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Dry roast with paper towels. Liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour on plate. Dredge seasoned roast on all four sides through the flour. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in dutch oven (or ovenproof pot) on medium-high heat. When hot add roast and sear all four sides for 2-3 min per side**. Set roast aside on plate.
For the Carrots, Onion, & Garlic
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in dutch oven (after searing roast) over medium high heat. When hot add garlic, onions, and carrots. Sauté for 4-6 minutes- or until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add DRY red wine to deglaze pan, scraping up the small bits. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 min.
- Add beef broth, worcestershire, dried thyme, sage, bay leaf, and salt and pepper (to taste).***
- Submerge roast into liquid, carrots, onions, and garlic. Place lid on dutch oven.
It all Comes Together
- Cook for 2-3 hours in oven (our 2lb roast took 2 hours), or until meat falls apart with fork.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 20 minutes. Serve. ****
* if you do not have wine on hand or just want to omit it all together you can use 1 cup beef broth in its place.
** you may want to turn on your oven fan while searing the roast.
*** we used 1 tsp of salt while adding all the herbs into the pot
****we served this over mashed potatoes and it was delish!
This delish post contains affiliate links to our fav online store, Amazon. The links are products we use and love. Promise.