The flavors of the Bayou come to life in this Bayou cajun seasoning. A blend of fresh herbs and spices this seasoning will bring any meat, veggies, or seafood dish to life!
Sometimes you need a little spice in your life….amiright?
Well this Bayou cajun seasoning will do just that. It’s packed and loaded with spices and dried herbs and delivers that Louisiana cajun taste that we all crave when it comes to spiciness. The heat of this seasoning blend really depends on how much you use.
Only like it a little spicy? Only use a little. Love it on fire (like me!)? Use a lot!
That’s what is so great about this cajun seasoning blend- you control the spiciness depending on how much you use.
Spices and Herbs Used in This Bayou Cajun Seasoning Blend
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Italian seasoning (usually a blend of marjoram, thyme, basil, rosemary, savory, and oregano)
I like to use Italian seasoning because it’s super cheap and you don’t have to buy all the different herbs separately. We always have Italian seasoning on hand in our kitchen. It’s a great all-purpose herb seasoning blend. I suggest you keep this as a spice staple in your kitchen. Money saver and time saver!
Swag to Store Spices With
- These clear plastic spice bottles with shaker lids are so awesome to store homemade seasoning blends in right in your spice cabinet! Get yours here: http://amzn.to/2xlJzXN.
The flavors of the Bayou come to life in this Bayou cajun seasoning. A blend of fresh herbs and spices this seasoning will bring any meat or seafood dish to life!
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon kosher/sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1.5 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Mix all ingredients together in small bowl. Done. Store in seal proof bag/container in spice cabinet.
Spiciness depends on how much you use. Love spicy? Use a lot. Just want a little kick? Use a little.
Use this spice on anything! We love using it on meat, chicken, seafood, and even our veggies. Anytime we want to spice something up cajun-style this is our go-to seasoning blend!