There’s just something about sauces/dressings that gets me every time.
I really feel (deep down in my cookin’ little heart) that sauces/dressings can make your food go from blah to HECK YEAH!
This avocado lime dressing is one of those dressings that make you go MMMMM.
Here’s What Were Working with in Avocado Lime Dressing:
- Avocado– because they are the awesomest superfood that tastes so delish.
- Sour Cream– it makes every thing taste better. The end.
- Cilantro– well, just because. It’s cilantro and you need it in your life.
- Garlic– ‘nough said.
- Jalapeño– adding these will jazz your dressing right up! It does NOT make this spicy, but you can omit if you so please (but who would, right?).
- Lime– it’s not only necessary for avocado lime dressing, it also adds a unique flavor that will leave you craving more.
Avocado lime dressing takes almost no time to make. Yep- almost nada tiempo (so glad my high school and college Spanish classes are paying off). ;). Clearly, I would prefer to use it in an exotic Spanish country, but that’s just not happening right now. Unless, of course, I google a Spanish country and pretend I’m there or something. Doesn’t sound like such a bad idea.
Steps to Create Avocado Lime Dressing Like a Boss:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor (or blender). Pulse until ingredients are well combined.
That’s it! Seriously, it’s as easy as counting to 3.
Ways to Incorporate Avocado Lime Dressing Into Your Life:
- Salad dressing
- Fish tacos, baby!
- Any tacos, really
- Use it as a dip (veggies or chips anyone?)
- To replace anything ranch dressing-y-ish
Incorporating avocado lime dressing into your life starts NOW…
Avocado Lime Dressing
This amazingly rich-yet-tangy dressing is amazing on tacos, burritos, salads, and/or dips. Really, you can replace anything ranch dressing-y-ish with this for an added kick of flavor!
- 1 medium ripe avocado, skinned and pitted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, chopped and seeded (optional- but it doesn't make it spicy)
- Juice of 1 large lime, or 2 small
- 1 large garlic clove
- salt, to taste
If it's too thick just add water one teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Show me how you chef like-a-boss. Snap a pic and hashtag it #flipflopkitchen when you make this. I’d ❤️ to see!