The flavors of the Bayou come alive in these Bayou cajun chicken thighs. Loaded with flavor this easy meal is topped with corn and lime juice and is absolutely tasty!
Because they are cheap, yummy, and full of flavor. Amiright? We love us some dark meat chicken up in this casa! Not only are they budget friendly they are packed full of flavor and super easy to cook. You just throw some spices on them thighs and bake them in the oven. Easy peasy and these Bayou cajun chicken thighs are just that…
Easy. Full of flavor. Cheap. Three things I love to hear when it comes to a hearty meal!
Why These Bayou Cajun Chicken Thighs are Pretty Epic
- Dark meat: dark meat is where it’s at, yo. It’s juicy, full of flavor, and pretty much glorious.
- Bayou cajun seasoning blend: this is a homemade seasoning blend that will blow your mind. It’s made with paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Delish flavor: when you combine the dark meat with the Bayou cajun seasoning you get an epic concoction of spices and juiciness that will light a spark on those taste buds. It’s the best!
This recipe is so simple. You just make your Bayou Seasoning blend and sprinkle it on both sides of the chicken thighs.
Like spicy? Use a lot. Like it a little less spicy? Use less. You control the heat in these by how much seasoning blend you use. We love spicy so we used a lot (see pic above). ↑. Booya.
How It Goes Down with these Bayou Cajun Chicken Thighs:
- Sear chicken: you’re going to sear the chicken thighs on each side to really get that cajun seasoning browned on there. Remove from pan.
- Sear corn: sear the corn for a few minutes to get a nice char on some sides of the corn.
- Bake: Bake the chicken thighs and the corn together in an oven-proof skillet or 9 x 13 baking dish if you don’t have an oven-proof skillet.
- Serve: You squeeze lime juice all over the corn and chicken thighs prior to serving, but we love the lime flavor so much, we serve it with lime wedges for even more lime flavor. It’s cooling and refreshing when mixed with the Bayou seasoning blend.
Now let’s make some Bayou cajun chicken thighs, yo.
Kitchen rockstar status…
Recipe Swag Used in This Recipe:
- Lodge 12.5 inch Cast Iron Skillet– this is our go-to skillet in our house. It’s easy to clean (cast iron baby!), large, and oven-proof. Get yours here: http://amzn.to/2gShNLL.
GET NEW RECIPES SENT TO YOUR INBOX, YO!
The flavors of the Bayou come alive in these Bayou Cajun Chicken Thighs. Loaded with flavor this easy meal is topped with corn and lime juice and is absolutely tasty!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 corn on the cob, shucked and each corn cut into 3 pieces*
- 2–4 Tablespoons Bayou cajun seasoning blend
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 of a lime
- lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken thighs generously with Bayou seasoning.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in large oven-proof skillet** over medium-high heat. Add chicken skin-side down first to skillet. Cook for 2-4 minutes. Flip and cook on other side for 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan (it will not be fully cooked). Set aside.
- Add corn to skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side (top and bottom) until corn has a nice char on it. Add chicken back to pan.
- Bake chicken and corn for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is done and juices run clear. Remove from oven. Squeeze half of lime all over chicken thighs and corn. Serve with more lime wedges, if desired.
*microwaving the corn for 2 min with shucks on makes it easier to cut. Let cool before cutting.
**if you don’t have an oven-proof skillet just sear chicken and corn on stovetop in skillet then transfer to 9 x 13 baking dish and bake.
This delish post contains affiliate links to our fav online store, Amazon. The links are products we use and love. Promise.