A chicken dish that is sautéed in butter and olive oil then served in a sauce with capers, lemon juice, butter, olive oil, and chicken stock.
- 4 large chicken breasts- butterflied and cut (or you can use 8 chicken cutlets)
- 11 Tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 7 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2/3 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (about the juice of two large lemons)
- 1¼ Cup Chicken Stock
- ½ Cup Capers (roughly one 3.5oz jar)
- 2/3 Cup Fresh Parsley- chopped (optional)
- Flour (roughly 1-2 cups as needed for dredging chicken)
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Place flour onto large dinner plate. Set aside.
- Take your 4 chicken breasts and butterfly them and cut in half. This will make 8 chicken cutlets. (If you bought cutlets then skip this step.)
- Sprinkle both sides of each chicken cutlet with salt, pepper, garlic powder (to taste).
- Place 4 Tablespoons of butter and 4 Tablespoons of olive oil into a pan. Heat on medium-high heat.
- While butter and olive oil are heating up, lightly dredge each chicken cutlet in the flour. Shake of excess flour and set aside.
- Place 4 chicken cutlets into the pan. Cook/brown for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes. Take out of pan and place on plate. *
- Add 3 Tablespoons of butter and 3 Tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
- When heated, add the remaining 4 chicken cutlets. Cook/brown for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes. Take out of pan and place on plate. Remove pan from heat.
- Add lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers. Put back onto burner and bring to a boil. Whisk sauce constantly to scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder- to taste.
- Now, add remaining 4 Tablespoons of butter to the pan. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- Once the butter is melted, add all 8 cutlets to the pan. Cook on medium-low for five minutes. Add parsley (if using). Serve.
* At this step, the chicken does NOT have to be cooked all the way through because you will be putting it back into the pan.Serving suggestions:1. Alone.2. With pasta (place chicken on top of cooked pasta and pour juice over it).3. With a side of any green veggie.