Oh Monday! I can’t tell if I loathe or heart you…
Amiright? Do you feel the same way every Monday morning?
Two thoughts always creep into my head:
- Should I put on my big girl pants, toss my hair into a bun, and put on some 90’s rap music and handle the lovely Monday? Or,
- Should I put on my biggest pair of sweatpants I own, jump back into bed, and hide under the abyss of covers, until my eyes escape the bright light that currently shines into my eyes through the bedroom window?
I always want to opt for #2, but with three kiddos that currently reside in the other two bedrooms of our home, it really isn’t an option. ;)
Reasons to Make Blueberry Streusel Muffins a Priority in Your Life:
- They are magnificently delicious.
- You need them.
- You want them.
- They make a great grab-on-the-go breakfast.
- They will make you appear to be a baking rockstar (and who doesn’t want to be a rockstar?)
Oh-la-la! Look at that streusel topping on top of those muffins. ?? Reason #6: Streusel topping.
These blueberry streusel muffins are well worth the 20 min of prep work that goes into making them. Don’t let the directions scare you. If Molli (age 11) can make them unassisted (following the recipe), then so can you!
Go on with your bad-self. Be a baking rockstar.
Blueberry streusel muffins are about to go down…Print
Good ‘ol blueberry muffins kick it up a notch in these blueberry streusel muffins. They are filled with sweet fruit candy (blueberries) and are topped with a homemade streusel topping. Move over old-fashioned blueberry muffins there’s a new muffin in town.
For Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (we use unbleached)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup demerara sugar (see notes)
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided into 11/2 cups and 1 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon flour, for tossing blueberries
For Streusel Topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup demerara sugar
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
For Streusel Topping
- Add flour, sugar, and cinnamon to small bowl. Combine with fork.
- Add melted butter to bowl. Stir with fork until crumbly. Set aside.
For the Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Line muffin pan with paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in large bowl (or in mixer bowl). Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Whisk in yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix by hand or use mixer until well combined.
- In small bowl, toss 11/2 cups blueberries with 1 Tablespoon flour until all berries are coated with thin layer.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, about 2/3 full. Cover the batter with remaining blueberries. Cover blueberries with generous amount of streusel topping.
- Place in oven. Reduce heat to 375F degrees. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool in pan for 5 min. Remove muffins and cool on wire rack.
– can use white sugar in place of demerara
Show me how you chef like-a-boss. Snap a pic and hashtag it #flipflopkitchen when you make this. I’d ❤️ to see!