These chicken breasts are seasoned and seared to perfection then placed in a delicious lemon butter parmesan garlic cream sauce. And it’s all made in one skillet and will leave you drooling for more!
O- to the M-G, y’all…
It’s official. I am the mother of a teenager. I don’t know whether to eeeekkk or ahhhhhh! ;) Molli turned 13 on the 2nd of this month. It makes me feel pretty old, ya know? My oldest is now a teenager- a teenager who tore up one of these chicken breasts in it’s amazing lemon butter parmesan garlic cream sauce, yo.
Chicken is always such a versatile meat. I swear you can do anything with it. In this recipe, you sauté the chicken, make the sauce (careful! don’t eat it all before it’s served), wilt the spinach, place chicken in the sauce and serve.
This sauce is nothing short of something that will captivate all of your tastebuds. We’re talkin’ a sauce made of the browned chicken bits, butter, chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. It’s all combined to make this glorious sauce to slather all over your chicken. #winning
Ingredients Used to Make Chicken Breasts in Lemon Butter Parmesan Garlic Cream Sauce
- Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Cloves
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream (can use half and half)
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Seasonings: paprika, salt, and pepper
Steps to Making Chicken Breasts in Lemon Butter Parmesan Garlic Cream Sauce
- Cook Chicken– cook chicken for 5-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Make Sauce– sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk together remaining butter, chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced by half, about 3-5 min.
- Wilt Spinach– add spinach to sauce and cook until wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble– add chicken back to pan and place in sauce. Serve!
You can’t go wrong with this easy and delicious meal. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and uses only one skillet. I like to call that #winningatlife.
Less time. Less cleanup.
Chicken breasts in lemon butter parmesan garlic cream sauce is where it’s at, yo.
Scrumptious comfort food, baby.
GET NEW RECIPES SENT TO YOUR INBOX, YO!
Chicken Breasts in Lemon Butter Parmesan Garlic Cream Sauce
Yield 4 servings
These chicken breasts are seasoned and seared to perfection then placed in a delicious lemon butter parmesan garlic cream sauce. And it's all made in one skillet and will leave you drooling for more!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 5 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- s & p, to taste
- In a cast iron or large skillet heat 2 Tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken breast and season with paprika. Cook chicken breasts 5-8 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked through.* Set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium. Heat 1 Tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add garlic. Sauté 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Whisk together remaining 2 Tablespoons butter, chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice in pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce is reduced by half (about 5-8 minutes).
- Add spinach to sauce and cook until wilted (about 1-2 min). Add chicken back to pan and place in sauce. Serve.
* I flip the chicken breasts multiple times to ensure they do not burn during the cooking time.