These chicken breasts are seasoned and seared to perfection then placed in a delicious lemon butter parmesan garlic cream sauce. And it’s all made in one skillet and will leave you drooling for more!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 5 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- s & p, to taste
- In a cast iron or large skillet heat 2 Tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken breast and season with paprika. Cook chicken breasts 5-8 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked through.* Set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium. Heat 1 Tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add garlic. Sauté 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant. Whisk together remaining 2 Tablespoons butter, chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice in pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce is reduced by half (about 5-8 minutes).
- Add spinach to sauce and cook until wilted (about 1-2 min). Add chicken back to pan and place in sauce. Serve.
* I flip the chicken breasts multiple times to ensure they do not burn during the cooking time.