That’s it. The end. We’re done here on this fabulous Wednesday. Okay- just kidding. But, on a serious note this easy blueberry crisp is to die for. Well, not technically, but as the saying goes.
What’s Going Down in This Dish Of DELISH (AKA Easy Blueberry Crisp):
- Blueberries– fresh, delicious, and sweet fruit candy. You toss them with some freshly-squeezed lemon juice and zest and call it a day. Just kidding. Gotta make the oat crisp and bake- then you can call it a day.
- Oat Crisp– oats, flour, salt, coconut oil, honey, and cinnamon (optional). See, that’s what I like to say easy peasy.
Now, grab you some deliciously sweet blueberries (oh so good for you too). Wash them and gently pat dry.
You add them to a baking dish, toss ’em with the tangy freshly-squeezed lemon juice and that perdy lemon zest, until well combined.
That yellow from the zest though ??.
Now stop eating the blueberries from the baking dish (just admit it- I caught ya), but don’t worry because everyone’s doin’ it. It’s time to make the oat crisp, my friends.
As you can see, there is no picture of the oat crisp being made, so let’s just pretend that there’s a bowl below with oats, melted coconut oil, raw honey, cinnamon (optional), flour, and salt. Now stir all of it until combined.
Spread it evenly on top of the blueberries like this ??.
Now, it’s time to bake your blueberry crisp. I’m telling ya that this may be the closest smelling thing to the gates of heaven, so just be ready and prepared.
When it’s done it will come out all GORG-I-FIED. See?
As you grab your spoon to dive into your blueberry crisp it just gets prettier and prettier…
If it makes it to the final stage of actually serving it in individual bowls (because it isn’t eaten directly out of the baking dish), then serve into individual portions.
You can serve it with whipped cream or ice cream, but I think this blueberry crisp is so good (and healthy!) on its own, there’s no need to spoil it. But, if you have a hankering for ice cream or whipped cream then DO IT!
Let’s do this easy blueberry crisp thing!
This blueberry crisp is so easy to make. It is naturally sweetened with honey and sweet blueberries and topped with a crisp oat topping. The epitome of a healthy treat!
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1–2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (about the zest of 1 medium lemon)
- 1 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup honey (preferably unfiltered and/or raw)
- 1/2–1 teaspoons of cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make Filling: Pour blueberries into 8 x 8 (1.5 quart) dish.* Pour lemon juice and sprinkle lemon zest on top. Toss gently to combine.
- Make Topping: In a mixing bowl add oats, flour, honey, coconut oil, salt, and cinnamon (if using), and stir until combined.
- Put it Together: Using your hands, sprinkle the oat crisp mixture over the top of blueberries, spreading evenly.
- Bake: for 35-40 minutes. When done, blueberries should be bubbling and topping should be golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
* can use 9 x 9 or 2 qt dish- can be refrigerated for up to 4 days- warm before serving
Show me how you chef like-a-boss. Snap a pic and hashtag it #flipflopkitchen when you make this. I’d ❤️ to see!
Shared on: The Pin Junkie