Easy Chicken Alfredo with Penne Pasta
Yield 6-8 servings
This easy chicken alfredo is so simple to make and a great meal for those busy weeknights!
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (22oz) jar of your favorite alfredo sauce*
- 1lb penne pasta, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper. to taste
- freshly grated parmesan, optional
- Season chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken breasts 5-8 min each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Add alfredo sauce to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, or until sauce is heated through.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts into strips. Once alfredo sauce is heated through add cooked pasta and chicken to skillet/dutch oven. Stir to combine. Top with fresh parsley and parmesan, if desired. Serve.
* If you cannot find a 22oz jar using 2 (14oz) jars is just fine.
Recipe by So Damn Delish at https://sodamndelish.com/easy-chicken-alfredo-penne-pasta/