What’s bright, refreshing, cool, delicious, and has a tiny bit of a kick?
This grilled shrimp thai salad, that’s what! I’m telling y’all that this easy-to-make salad is where a refreshing tender-crunch cucumber’s destiny is to end up in a delightfully spicy sauce. Add in grilled shrimp and it is nothing short of a magical fate.
Here’s What’s Goin’ Down in this Grilled Shrimp Thai Salad:
- English Cucumbers
- Green Onions
- Sauce: soy, sesame oil, chili sauce with garlic, and sesame seeds.
You’re gonna want to get some delicious shrimp from the grocery store. We prefer wild-caught seafood and our local Publix had Argentine Red Shrimp. ?
Speaking of magical fates (such as this shrimp thai salad), we are taking the kiddos to the ‘Roar of the Dinosaur’ (a dinosaur exhibit) this weekend. It’s a special event at a local locale- McKee Botanical Garden. I’m so stoked for all three kids to learn about dinosaurs but I may have a teeny-tiny hidden mom agenda behind my stoked-ness.
Secret: I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid. I loved learning about them and doing activities that involved dinosaurs. My favorite dinosaur was Brontosaurus. I am pretty darn sure that I will feel like a kid again going to this special event. I’m hoping to take lots of pictures but I’m afraid that I will be
playing exploring- with the kids, of course.
Now, take those shrimp and throw them bad boys on the grill.
Chop up your deliciously beautiful cucumbers.
Gather the rest of your ingredients (green onions, sauce, and shaved carrots)…
Put all your ingredients into a big mixing bowl. So pretty! I love pretty food.
Add your sauce that you made to the bowl.
Gently toss to combine. Your end result will be this magnificently gorgeous shrimp thai salad.
Ways to Serve This Grilled Shrimp Thai Salad:
- As a side salad.
- As a complete meal (can add quinoa to it too- YUM!).
- As an appetizer served on crackers.
Get to grillin’ those shrimp!Print
An easy and tasty salad made with grilled shrimp, cucumbers, shaved carrots, and chopped green onion. Tossed in a homemade Thai sauce made of soy, sesame oil, and chili sauce with garlic.
For the Salad
- 1lb Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 large English cucumbers, peeled, quartered, and chopped
- 2 carrots, shaved
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, for brushing
For the Sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (we use liquid aminos)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce with garlic
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Lightly brush shrimp with olive oil. Grill shrimp on medium-low heat for 2-4 minutes each side. Let cool. Cut into small pieces. Put in large mixing bowl.
- Add cucumbers, carrots, and green onion to mixing bowl with shrimp.
- Make sauce. Pour over all ingredients in mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving.
– you can find the chili sauce with garlic in the Asian isle at your grocery store- if you cannot find 2 large english cucumbers use 3 large regular ones- can be refrigerated for up to 2-3 days.
Show me how you chef like-a-boss. Snap a pic and hashtag it #flipflopkitchen when you make this. I’d ❤️ to see!