Roast garlic with this simple and easy recipe on how to roast garlic. It tastes creamy, sweet, and delish. Serve on top of toast or throw into any recipe.
To Roast the Garlic
- Garlic bulbs/heads (1 or more)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Baking pan
- Heat: the oven to 400 degrees F- place rack in middle position.
- Peel: the loose “skin” (aka paper) away from bulb using your hands. Leave bulb and all cloves in tact including a couple layers of skin.
- Cut: the top of each garlic off- about 1/4 inch to expose garlic cloves.
- Brush/Drizzle: olive oil on top of garlic cloves. Sprinkle salt and pepper on tops (if using).
- Wrap & Roast: Wrap the cloves individually or all together in one piece of foil. Place on baking sheet and roast for about 40 min, or until the center clove is soft when pierced with knife.
- Eat or Store: Serve warm by pushing each clove out from the bottom. Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks. Store in freezer (individually wrapped in foil then placed in ziplock bag) for up to 3 months.
Garlic heads and garlic bulbs are the same thing and terms are used interchangeably.We like to use our basting brush to make sure the oil gets into all the nook and crannies between the cloves. You can buy it here: http://amzn.to/1LMz1TxStart checking the softness of the middle clove of garlic (with a knife) around 35 min and for every 10 min after that. Roasting time varies depending on size/type of garlic and how many are being roasted at a time.