These leftover lamb gyros take lamb to the next level. Locked and loaded with lamb, onion, tomatoes, lettuce, and homemade tzatziki sauce, these gyros are a hit!
Do you love gyros as much as I do?
I seriously could eat one every.single.day. Not lying.
We came up with these leftover lamb roast gyros because we had tons of leftover lamb when we roasted our boneless leg of lamb recipe. But gyros aren’t gyros without that amazingly delicious, cool and refreshing, mouth watering 5 minute tzatziki sauce. Yes. It’s that good. I would never steer you wrong here, friends. SO TRUST.
We’re talking warm pitas, warm leftover lamb roast, slathered in white onions, fresh tomato, lettuce, and the keeper- 5 minute homemade tzatziki sauce. Some peeps like to add a touch of lemon to their gyro by slicing up lemons and squeezing them over the gyro. I usually do this but these were so good that not one of us had to use the lemon!
Ingredients Used in these Leftover Lamb Roast Gyros
Why you’re gonna need these Leftover Lamb Roast Gyros in Y08o life.
- Because you have leftover lamb. Ha! So simple but so true.
- They are quick and easy. Sometimes after cooking you just need something quick to throw together and these gyros have you covered!
- The tzatziki sauce. I am addicted to this stuff and it only takes 5 minutes to make! Score.
Let’s get to making these leftover lamb roast gyros…
GET NEW RECIPES SENT TO YOUR INBOX, YO!
Leftover Lamb Roast Gyros
Yield 6 gyros
- 1 lb leftover lamb, sliced thin
- 1 package (6) White Pitas
- Lettuce, chopped
- Tomato, diced
- White Onion, diced
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Lemon, sliced (optional)
- Heat lamb in microwave for 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
- Warm pitas in microwave for 10-20 seconds, or until warm.
Make the Gyros
Lay each pita flat. Add lamb, lettuce, tomato, onion onto pita. Top with tzatziki sauce and juice of lemon slices (if using). Serve.