You ever just have one of those days?
You know what I’m talking about. One of those days that starts off great (like did all your grocery shopping by 8am great) only to have it turn into a hectic, chaotic, and crazy day? Yep. That one.
That day. That day was my day today. So, if I sound all jumbled while I sit down to write this at 7:49pm, then so be it…because that is exactly what my brain is right now.
A hectic – jumbled – crazy – chaotic – mess. Just keepin’ it real, y’all. Just keepin’ it real…and it’s only Wednesday. 2 more days to go. 2 more. Count with me- or say it with me- or whatevs. I can’t think, so instead of even trying to hold down an adult conversation at this moment in my life I’m just gonna talk about these amazing little things we like to call mini caprese skewers with white balsamic drizzle.
//** Sidenote ** I keep wanting to refer to drizzle as a glaze. See what I;m talking about here? → C-H-A-O-T-I-C brain at it’s best. Clearly we aren’t baking here, right?//
I really think that the little basil on the top tomato there ↑ was trying to run away, off of the toothpick, and yours truly didn’t catch it until photo upload time, but such is life. Not everything can always be pretty and perfect! Amiright? Hence my Wednesday-starting-off-perfect-day-only-to-turn-into-one-of-those-crazy-days-that-I-always-try-to-avoid.
//**Sidenote #2** I am done trying to be productive before 8am. Done. Obviously it backfired on me and the universe is telling me something. You win universe. You win.//
Ugh- I did it again. Mind is jumbling, jumbling away. Oh- Jen. Back to that little basil that
could couldn’t. That little one still tasted so amazing though, just like those little fruit candy’s should. Yep, a tomato is a fruit (it’s true, my friends), it’s true. Google it. Now that we are 3/4 of the way through a post (and thanks for letting me vent), let’s get straight to biz-ness, shall we?
Caprese Skewers 101:
- Eat them however you want to, my friends: as a snack, appetizer, side dish, or on a salad. Boom.
- You can use cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes (I used cherry).
- The mini-mozzarella balls that are individually packaged into cute packages of a handful fit great (but can be hard to find). Just use fresh mozzarella even if you have to cut it.
- Regular ‘ol toothpicks make this mini and are great for a party (or for YO SELF). They (you) can eat 1, 2, 17, whatever. At least they are proportionally sized. ;)
- White balsamic tastes like balsamic it just packs a little less balsamicy-punch (it’s a real word-phrase, just go with it!).
And with that explanation (can it get any better than that?) on a hectic-crazy-day like today, I shall just give the recipe…Print
These individual mini caprese skewers are sure to be a hit. Cherry tomatoes + mini mozzarella balls + basil + white balsamic drizzle = AMAZE little food that lights your tastebuds up!
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mini mozzarella balls (usually packaged together in individual packs)
- Fresh basil, torn into individual pieces
- 1 1/4 cup whit balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Olive oil (if desired)
- Skewers: Grab a toothpick and add: 1 cherry tomato, one basil leave, and one mini mozzarella ball. Repeat until tomatoes and cheese are used up.
- White balsamic drizzle: add 1 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer on low for 12 minutes, or until vinegar becomes thick and sticks to a spoon. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve: right before serving, salt and pepper (to taste). Brush with olive oil, if desired. Drizzle white balsamic drizzle over skewers.
– You can use cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes (I used cherry).- The mini-mozzarella balls that are individually packaged into cute packages of a handful fit great (but can be hard to find). Just use fresh mozzarella even if you have to cut it.
Show me how you chef like-a-boss. Snap a pic and hashtag it #flipflopkitchen when you make this. I’d to see how you made it!