This perfect roasted boneless leg of lamb will make your mouth water. It’s rubbed with a paste of olive oil and herbs and stuffed with garlic slivers. It’s sure to be a hit on any holiday or in any dinner setting!
Lamb is such a great meat to make for a dinner party or for the holiday’s, and with the holiday’s coming up, I super wanted to share my lamb recipe. I’ve received quite a few emails asking how to prepare lamb, so here it is!
This roasted boneless leg of lamb is totally easy to make. In a lot of your emails you said that lamb intimidates you, but this recipe takes away all the intimidation and puts a delicious lamb roast on your table! So, that’s pretty much winning at life, amiright?
It also uses simple ingredients that are thrown together in less than 10 minutes. Another score for winning at life. At least in my book. ;)
Ingredients Used to Make this Awesome Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- 4-5lb boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and tied in netting (comes this way)
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Garlic, cut into slivers
- Salt and pepper
Steps to Making this Perfect Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Prep the lamb: one hour prior to cooking remove lamb from fridge. Cut slits (with a paring knife) all over the lamb inserting the garlic slivers directly into the cuts.
- Make the ‘rub’ paste: in a small bowl combine the rosemary, parsley, olive oil, and salt & pepper.
- Put it all together: rub the paste all over the roast. Let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Roast: roast the leg of lamb for 20-25 minutes per pound, or until the internal temp reaches 130 degrees. Let stand for 10 minutes to continue cooking.
See? Easy peasy and no intimidation. So, let’s do this!
Roasted boneless leg of lamb get in my belly…
P.S. If you have some lamb leftover check out these leftover lamb gyros. Delish!
Swag We Used to Make This Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
*affiliate links below
- Digital Meat Thermometer– these are vital when cooking meats of any kind. It is very accurate. You set the temperature by what kind of meat you are cooking and select your doneness (rare, medium-rare, medium, or well-done). It goes off to let you know when it has reached your desired doneness and you just remove from the oven. Easy peasy! This one is super budget friendly too! Get it here: http://amzn.to/2AzS6F6.
GET NEW RECIPES SENT TO YOUR INBOX, YO!
Perfect Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
Yield 8-10 Servings
This perfect roasted boneless leg of lamb will make your mouth water. It's rubbed with a paste of olive oil and herbs and stuffed with garlic slivers. It's sure to be a hit on any holiday or in any dinner setting!
- 4-5lb boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and tied in netting*
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, cut into slivers
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- One hour before cooking take lamb out of fridge. Using a paring knife, cut 1/2-inch-deep slits all over lamb, spacing about 2 inches apart, careful not to cut the netting. Place slivers of garlic into each slit. Place lamb on roasting rack in a shallow dish or roasting pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine rosemary, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to form a paste. Rub paste all over roast. Let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Insert digital meat thermometer into center of meat. Roast the lamb until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees, about 20-25 minutes per pound. Remove from oven. Let rest for 10 minutes to bring lamb to medium-rare (135 degrees). Remove netting and carve into slices. Serve.
* boneless leg of lamb is usually sold trimmed and in the netting
This delish post contains affiliate links to our fav online store, Amazon. The links are products we use and love. Promise.