Sofrito is the secret ingredient in many Latin caribbean dishes. It’s super easy to make with peppers, garlic, onion, cilantro, and culantro. Use to season/flavor rice, meat, beans, soups, stews, veggies, practically anything you want!
- 2 large or 3 medium green been peppers, seeds removed and quartered
- 2 spanish onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 head (bulb) of garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch culantro *
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and pulse until combined. Store in fridge for up to two weeks or freeze in ice cube trays. **
* I found the culantro pictured above in the post at my local grocery store (Publix). If you cannot find culantro, just substitute a bunch of cilantro, for a total of 2 bunches of cilantro.
** 1 frozen sofrito “ice” cube equals about 1 Tablespoon sofrito seasoning.