Restaurant Style Salsa
Yield 4 cups
This restaurant style salsa is made with fresh ingredients, is bright and fresh, easy to customize the spiciness, and takes about 5 minutes to make.
- 8 roma tomatoes, ends cut off, and halved
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and seeded, halved*
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (28 oz) can Rotel (original, mild, or hot), drained**
- Add all ingredients except Rotel to food processor or blender. Blend until thoroughly chopped and combined.
- Add Rotel to food processor and blend/puree until just combined. Refrigerate until ready to be served.
*use no jalapeños for mild, one for medium, and two for hot.
**we used original Rotel
Salsa will keep for 10-12 days in the fridge or it freezes well.
Recipe by So Damn Delish at https://sodamndelish.com/restaurant-style-salsa/