This roasted asparagus and garlic soup is packed and loaded with flavor. The asparagus and garlic are roasted to perfection then put in a food processor (or blender) and blended with spices, broth, and cream until thick and creamy.
Soup is life…
When soup season rolls around, amiright? There’s nothing more comforting than sitting down to a nice warm bowl of soup after a long hard day. I know we like to do it around these parts, and we are glad we did when I made this roasted asparagus and garlic soup.
This recipe is super simple to make and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish- and that includes roasting the asparagus and garlic in the oven first.
Ingredients in this Roasted Asparagus and Garlic Soup
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Chicken broth
- Half and half
- Spices: Italian seasoning and salt
Steps to Cookin’ Up Some Roasted Asparagus and Garlic Soup
- Roast– you’re gonna roast the asparagus and garlic in the oven with some olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Blend– combine the roasted asparagus and garlic in a blender or food processor (may be done in batches) with half and half, spices, and chicken broth.
- Simmer– bring the soup to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes. Done!
Voila! That’s it, my friends.
So, if you’re looking for a different, yet tasty, soup make this roasted asparagus and garlic soup.
GET NEW RECIPES SENT TO YOUR INBOX, YO!
This roasted asparagus and garlic soup is packed and loaded with flavor. The asparagus and garlic are toasted to perfection then put in a food processor (or blender) and blended with spices, broth, and cream until thick and creamy.
- 2lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 8–10 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- s & p, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss asparagus, garlic, and olive oil on baking sheet. Salt and pepper, to taste. Roast for 12-13 minutes, or until asparagus and garlic are soft, flipping once half way through.
- Using a food processor or blender add roasted garlic, roasted asparagus, salt, Italian seasoning, chicken broth, and half & half*. Blend until combined. Transfer to dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Bring soup to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with freshly cracked black pepper, if desired.
* depending on size of food processor or blender this may have to be done in batches.