Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Biscuits
Yield 4-6 servings
This slow cooker chicken pot pie soup is loaded with all the great pot pie ingredients. Biscuits are used to get that pie taste into the soup. It's a twist on a classic comfort food!
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed into bite-size pieces
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small yellow or white onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cups heavy whipping cream*
- In your slow cooker combine chicken, potatoes, mixed vegetables, onion, chicken broth, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high 6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving stir in heavy cream.
- Bake biscuits according to package instructions. Serve.
* We like to use 2 cups of heavy whipping cream because we like it to be soupy so we can tear the biscuits apart and put them into the soup and sop it up.
Recipe by So Damn Delish at https://sodamndelish.com/slow-cooker-chicken-pot-pie-soup/