Slow Cooker French Dips with Au Jus
Yield 6 Hoagies
These slow cooker french dips with au jus are heavenly. Locked and loaded with flavor that simmers in the slow cooker it will have your tastebuds craving more!
- 3lb beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups (32oz) beef stock, divided
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Season roast generously with salt and pepper. Set aside for 20 minutes to bring to room temperature.
- Add 3 cups beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and Italian seasoning (if using) to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear roast on all sides (about 3-5 minutes per side) to give roast a nice crust. Remove roast and place in slow cooker.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add 1 cup beef stock to pan. Bring to a slight boil. Using a wooden spoon scrape up all the brown bits from the pan. Add beef broth mixture and browned bits to slow cooker.
- Cook in slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Remove meat from slow cooker. Slice meat into thin strips.
- Preheat oven to broil on high.
- Fill each hoagie with the sliced meat and top each one with 2 pieces of provolone. Place on baking sheet. Broil for 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly, watching carefully not to burn.
1. Place each sandwich on a plate. Use a ladle to scoop the au jus from the slow cooker and place some in a small bowl. Serve side of au jus with each sandwich for dipping. Serve!
- We love using horseradish cream sauce on these too. You can make your own or you can easily find it at your local deli department.
Recipe by So Damn Delish at https://sodamndelish.com/slow-cooker-french-dips-with-au-jus/