These slow cooker french dips with au jus are heavenly. Locked and loaded with flavor that simmers in the slow cooker it will have your tastebuds craving more!
- 3lb beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups (32oz) beef stock, divided
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Season roast generously with salt and pepper. Set aside for 20 minutes to bring to room temperature.
- Add 3 cups beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and Italian seasoning (if using) to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear roast on all sides (about 3-5 minutes per side) to give roast a nice crust. Remove roast and place in slow cooker.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add 1 cup beef stock to pan. Bring to a slight boil. Using a wooden spoon scrape up all the brown bits from the pan. Add beef broth mixture and browned bits to slow cooker.
- Cook in slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Remove meat from slow cooker. Slice meat into thin strips.
- Preheat oven to broil on high.
- Fill each hoagie with the sliced meat and top each one with 2 pieces of provolone. Place on baking sheet. Broil for 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly, watching carefully not to burn.
1. Place each sandwich on a plate. Use a ladle to scoop the au jus from the slow cooker and place some in a small bowl. Serve side of au jus with each sandwich for dipping. Serve!
- We love using horseradish cream sauce on these too. You can make your own or you can easily find it at your local deli department.