These Sriracha grilled chicken thighs with honey and lime are an absolute hit! They have a little zip, a little tang, and a bit of sweetness all grilled to perfection. Great for any home bbq or a delish home cooked meal.
I have a love affair with it, I swear. I love Sriracha sauce on anything and everything.
But, I know it’s not just me. My neighbors were over for July 4th and Zach (the husband) totally put Sriracha on his cheeseburger, as did I. ;) Anyone else?
I know there had to be many other people BBQ’ing and throwing some Sriracha all up on their food.
The Low Down and Dirty on Sriracha Grilled Chicken Thighs with Honey and Lime:
- The Marinade: This sistah loves her some marinades. This one includes my beloved Sriracha, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic cloves, chopped cilantro, honey, and lime juice. Marinate for at least two hours or overnight. We marinate them overnight because I’m just lazy like that. ;) ;).
- Chicken Thighs: I know this is pretty self explanatory but I just feel the need to mention to buy chicken thighs with the skin on. :). This helps not dry out the meat when grilling at high temperatures and soaks all that extra juicy skin grease down into the meat. Yum.
- Lime Wedges: do NOT forget extra limes for serving. The extra lime juice squeezed on these grilled chicken thighs takes them to a whole ‘nother level, y’all. Trust me on this.
- The Grill: sure you could bake these, but where’s the fun in that? This lady loves her some grill char on that skin. The more charred, the better- at least for me when it comes to chicken skin. What about you?
There’s just something about grilled chicken thighs that gets me every time. I am a lover of the skin grilled to crispy perfection and I’m not ashamed to admit it. Girl loves her some skin. I’m also a lover of dark meat- it’s just so dang juicy. Amiright? I am. ;)
So, grab ya a good ‘ol gallon size ziplock bag, throw the marinade and chicken into it, marinate, and grill these awesomesauce Sriracha Grilled Chicken Thighs with honey and lime, baby!
GET NEW RECIPES SENT TO YOUR INBOX, YO!
Sriracha Grilled Chicken Thighs with Honey and Lime
Yield 6 servings
These Sriracha grilled chicken thighs with honey and lime are an absolute hit! They have a little zip, a little tang, and a bit of sweetness all grilled to perfection.
- 6 chicken thighs, skin-on
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice *
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- lime wedges, for serving
- Add Sriracha, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, garlic cloves, olive oil, cilantro, salt & pepper (to taste) to a gallon size ziplock bag. Seal. Shake until combined. Add chicken to bag. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Oil the grill grates. Grill chicken skin side up first for 4-5 minutes. Flip. Grill for 4-5 minutes. Continue cooking chicken turning every 2-3 minutes for 20-25 minutes, or until juices run clear and internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
*I used two medium limes to get 1/4 cup lime juice