Kick up that regular ‘ol watermelon salad with this light and refreshing watermelon berry salad with mint and lime. The mint and lime are THE secret ingredient to bringing a watermelon salad from eh to BOOM!!
Oh my gosh y’all!
Can you tell the excitement that I have to share this watermelon berry salad with you?
It really is the PERFECT edition to anything summer. A picnic, BBQ, party, and even for movie night with the fam. The kids ate it up like it was candy from the gas station. Not even lying. They (and us!) seriously could NOT get enough. It’s that amazingly refreshing and delish.
It’s super easy to make, minimal ingredients, and literally only takes 10 min. Boom.
Here’s the lowdown on Watermelon Berry Salad with Mint and Lime:
- Fresh Mint
That’s it! See- easy peasy, man.
Steps to Make this Killer Watermelon Salad:
- Get a large bowl.
- Cut up your watermelon into bite size-ish cubes. Add to bowl.
- Slice your strawberries. Add to bowl.
- Throw your blueberries into the bowl.
- Chop up some fresh mint. Sprinkle over fruit in bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice all up on that fruit. Toss. Done.
Mmmmmm. See how pretty the mint makes the watermelon salad?!? It’s not just for looks though, my friends. The mint adds an invigorating taste to an otherwise boring salad. TRUST ME ON THIS. Even if you don’t like mint.
Secret: I am NOT a big mint fan but something was just telling me to do it. And I’ll never ever make this salad without it again.
Last step (as noted above) is to add the lime juice. Please DON’T skip this step either. It just brings this watermelon berry salad to a whole new level- even above the whole-mint-thing level. Again, trust me on this.
The watermelon adds the cold juiciness you need on a hot summer day, the strawberries and blueberries add the sweetness, the mint adds to the refreshing juiciness of the watermelon, and the lime juice just adds a flavor that isn’t on any level you’ve ever had with a fruit salad, my friends.
I promise you.
Watermelon Berry Salad with Mint and Lime
Kick up that regular 'ol watermelon salad with this light and refreshing watermelon berry salad with mint and lime. The mint and lime are THE secret ingredient to bringing a watermelon salad from eh to BOOM!!
- 1/2 watermelon, cubed into bite size-ish pieces
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1lb strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Add watermelon, strawberries, and blueberries to large bowl.
- Sprinkle chopped mint over the salad.*
- Add lime juice.* Toss lightly. Serve.
- use ripe fruit- 1lb of strawberries is one of the containers at the store. - If making ahead of time add fruit to bowl and cover tightly. Refrigerate. Right before serving add lime and mint.
>> Hey! If you make this recipe tag @sodamndelish on Instagram, so I can see how you rocked it! < <